The printer that fails to print prevents you from meeting business deadlines or achieving each day’s goal along with that. It frustrates you for not completing your work because your way more compatible printer is no longer in a state of printing due to technical issues. These issues can easily get fixed, and you just have to add some troubleshooting methods into the checklist to diagnose the problem from the system.
Why is the Printer not Printing?
Sometimes, printers are the most critical support for any business work. But when it gets stuck and stops printing, you will feel irritated. These are the reasons you might face this issue.
- May the printer be turned off.
- The improper connection between computer and printer
- The Printer Cartridge is not set correctly.
- Improper installation of Driver software
How to Fix the Issue of Printer is Not Printing?
These are some diagnosis methods to fix this issue to get your printer back at work.
1: Check the printer Status
When your printer is facing any issue related to printing, your printer will show an error message to the users through a series of cryptic flashing, colored lights on the printer itself.
There are many lights with different signs, and it is tough to explain which light means what? You can check the user manual provided by the manufacturer, or you can simply download a pdf copy of the support page to know the meaning of cryptic flashing on the printer.
2: Clear the Printer Que
As mentioned above, sometimes printer Ques get jammed with the old document uploaded for printing. You just have to follow the instructions to get rid of this issue.
- Right-click on the Printer icon on the Window notification area.
- Choose Open all printer option
- Now all the current queue items list shown up.
- Right-click on any printer queues to clear the jam to get back to work again.
- Right Click on the Printer icon and then choose
- System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > Open Print Queue
There is one other way to fix the issue, follow the instructions below
- Restart the print spooler
- Open the start menu, type command in the search field to open a command prompt.
- Right-click on the option that appeared on the search result
- Select Run as an Administrator
- And paste the following command written below and make sure to add space for each one of the commands in the command prompt window.
- net stop spooler
- del %systemroot%\System32\spool\PRINTERS\* /Q /F /S
- net start spooler
After that, you are good to go.
3: Configure the Connection
Whenever you face the issue with the printer is not printing, then make sure the connection is good enough.
- Ensure the USB cable is plugged in snugly at both ends.
- If you are using the printer over a wi-fi connection, make sure your device is not out of reach from wi-fi.
4: Set the Printer Cartridge Properly
Sometimes the improper setting of the cartridge has also created an obstacle in printing.
- Make sure the cartridge installation in the printer is fitted in a proper way.
- Also, ensure the cartridge is not empty; if it is, then fill it up with good color ink.
5: Set your Printer as a Default Printer
If you are using multiple printers connected with a single system, you should set your current printer as a default.
- Go to the Window Control Panel
- Then choose the Devices and Printer.
- Now, select your current printer in the list of devices
- Right-click on it and select the set as default printer from the drop-down list.
- If there is any confirmation box opening up, click the yes option.
- The system put a Green check Mark under the printer’s name, which signifies the printer is set as the default printer.
6: Install the Drivers and Software
When the above methods don’t work accordingly, you are recommended to install/update drivers and software.
- Download the Driver support and install the free trial on the system.
- Run the free scan on the system to detect all the problems related to the printer.
- Now choose the Fix it button.
- Register drive support to start uploading the drive for the system’s printer devices.
- After the successful registration and premium mode, the software will help you out within the process. The roster also allows full tech support from the manufacturer that you can avail of at any time.
How to Print A Test Page?
After attempting all the above methods to resolve the issue, you should check whether the issue is resolved or not. And to do this, you have to print a test page. Follow the instructions to do.
- Go to the start button, search for printer and scanner and open it
- Now look for the Printer in the list and right-click on it to choose the manager.
- Now select the first option here Print a Test page.
- Now make sure the printer is printing correctly. If not, replace the cartridge and repeat the process.
For Windows 8:
- Go to the control panel
- Click on “Devices and Printers.”
- Look for the printers within the shown list, right-click on it and choose the “Printer Properties.”
- Now select the “Print Test Page” and wait for the printer to end the task.
For Windows 7:
- Go to the Control panel and choose “Hardware and music.”
- Now Look for “Devices and Printers.”
- Right-click on the printers shown and opt for “Printer Properties.”
- Now Click on “Print Test Page,” and wait for the process to end
- Click on the Apple Icon
- Navigate to “System Preferences” and then “Printers and Scanners.”
- Locate the printer within the list and choose the desired printer
- Choose “Open Print Queue” and delete other unfinished print commands.
- Once the replacement window opens, choose the “Option & Supplies” and continue “Utility.”
- On the Utility tab, choose the “Print test page” option.
- How to Fix If Printer is not Printing?
- The 3 Best Android Emulators for PC/Mac
- Best Tips to Successfully Finish McDVoice Survey
- How To Transfer Contacts From Android Device To iPhone
The above methods are easy to apply to your system that gets your printer back at work. Hopefully, the diagnosis process helped you. If you like this article, go check out another article on this site that will assist you in many different ways.